Timid to Tiger
An 8 week course, starting Tuesday 5th October, 6-7.15pm, running weekly on each consecutive Tuesday (ending Tuesday 23rd November).
Timid to Tiger is an entirely parenting-based approach to managing anxiety in children (available to parents of children aged 8-12). It is based on evidence that anxious children benefit substantially from a parenting style that is clear, calm and consistent.
The group aims to explore the role of anxiety within a family and how it develops. It is run weekly over an 8 week period:
1. Introduction to the program
2. Securing the parent-child bond through non-directive play
3. Understanding your child’s anxiety
4. Using praise to build children’s confidence and using rewards to help your child’s motivation
5. Setting limits on anxious children’s behaviour and using withdrawal of attention to manage children’s behaviour
6. Managing worry
7. Managing really difficult behaviour
8. Review and celebration