Timid to Tiger
Fully booked, keep your eye on this page for future dates!
Timid to Tiger is an entirely parenting-based approach to managing anxiety in children (available to parents of children aged 8-12). It is based on evidence that anxious children benefit substantially from a parenting style that is clear, calm and consistent.
The group aims to explore the role of anxiety within a family and how it develops. It is run weekly over an 8 week period:
1. Introduction to the program
2. Securing the parent-child bond through non-directive play
3. Understanding your child’s anxiety
4. Using praise to build children’s confidence and using rewards to help your child’s motivation
5. Setting limits on anxious children’s behaviour and using withdrawal of attention to manage children’s behaviour
6. Managing worry
7. Managing really difficult behaviour
8. Review and celebration