The Drop-In first opened on Chestergate, Macclesfield in late 2001 operating as a one-stop-shop offering information and support. We moved to Great King Street five years later and to the current Duke Street premises in 2011. Responding to need, Just Drop-In introduced a free counselling service. In 2012 MyPad was developed to help build skills for healthy and independent living. 2017 saw the introduction of the Foundations Service, providing early help and friendship groups for our younger clients. Just Drop-In also provides a range of exciting projects that change in response to identified needs within the community.
This year Just Drop-In is continuing to deliver the Up and Running health and fitness project and is also piloting a counselling initiative in Tytherington High School. The charity also works on specially contracted initiatives, usually in partnership with other services. Work is currently been undertaken to deliver counselling in conjunction with Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services. Just Drop-In is also an active partner in the Emotionally Healthy Schools Programme.
Across all of our services we seek to:
- Remove red tape and to promote quick and easy access.
- Ensure our work is outcome focused, based on best evidence and built around need.
- Provide a person centred, professional, transparent and accountable approach.
- Promote and value our localism, celebrating community involvement and volunteering.
- Reduce stigma, promote resilience and seek to intervene early where ever possible.
- Encourage young people to have a voice and actively participate in the life of the charity.
For over a decade Just Drop-In has established an excellent reputation for the quality of its support for young people in Macclesfield.