Youth Mental Health Day
Youth Mental Health Day encourages understanding and discussion of mental health in young people, enabling them to live happy and healthy lives all year round. Each year, the day aims to get young people, and those who support them, talking about how to improve mental health. Youth Mental Health Day has been set up by stem4, whose mission is to raise awareness and highlight the importance of early intervention in teenage mental health issues. Youth Mental Health Day aims to support young people to build positive mental health through:
- Providing hope and positivity
- Engaging young people in discussions
- Arranging activities to improve mental health
- Raising awareness
- Breaking stigmas
- Giving young people a voice and the agency to take steps towards positive mental health
- Empowering young individuals to use their voice to take positive steps towards promoting their mental well-being.
Read more about the work of stem4 and Youth Mental Health Day on their official website. Want to find out other ways to support young people’s mental health and wellbeing? Here at Just Drop In, our purpose is to help children and young individuals facing difficulties, improving their mental health and overall well-being. We strive to establish a safe space, enhance self-esteem, alleviate challenges, nurture strengths, and strengthen resilience, ultimately promoting greater self-assurance in life. Find out how you can support our work!